Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day (2011)

For the "small" holidays, I always like doing simple things for the boys,
but this year with the house being in such a disaray I wasn't sure what I was going to do.
So I quickly threw something together...
I went to the store and bought "gold" candies..

Found 2 similiar containers..put a sheet of green paper into the jar
and stuffed them with the candies...
It made for a nice "goodie surprise" for the boys...
I made a quick pasta dish and added some precooked chicken and cooked it in the electric pan
(the joys of not having a stove ha ha)
Added some green food coloring..
Bought some green punch..
added a green candle to the table and green table cloth and called it
St. Patty's Day!


 The pasta dish came out yum-o!


(ignore the background mess, with everything going on these types of messes are everywhere in our home!)
To end the dinner we made our own
"shamrock shakes"
Carter mentioned that we didn't have whip cream to top it off..
well as luck would have it...I had heavy cream in the fridge!
Yay for recipes that don't use the whole carton :)


So our St. Patty's day was a little fun and a little special..I hope yours was
full of lots of green and maybe even some gold if you were lucky :)

No comments:

 
Comeviaourhouse