Thursday, March 31, 2011

31 Day Challenge-Day 19: A picture and a letter

These are some of my favorite photos that I have seen from Dan's childhood.
He was (is) so adorable!!
So today is share a photo and a letter..today I have chosen to write a letter to my In laws...
Dear Danny and Lou Anne,
Seventeen years ago I met a boy who I thought was such a pain in the butt!
He picked on me, always made jokes that he thought were funny, and at worst...would
fart!! Who raised this boy??!!!
As time went on he became a boy that was funny...his jokes were corny but yet I found myself laughing at them..the farting..well..I never got on board with that!
Soon I saw a young man, one that I admired, respected and was quickly falling swooney over..AND he liked me enough that he was embarrassed to fart around me (yay!)

Before I even knew what was happening I was in love with this young man and I knew that he was without a doubt the man I wanted to marry, the man I wanted share children with, the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I am proud of this man and I am proud to call him my husband.
His morals are strong, he knows how to treat a lady, he is a great father, a hard worker, and strong family provider, and anyone who is lucky enough to call him a friend is truely blessed.
He did not learn this all on his own, he was taught this by two parents that raised him to be the awesome man that he is today.

I thank you for that!
My one hope is that we are raising our own sons with these same values.

Dan is very lucky that he has you both for parents and has expressed that to me several times.
There is nothing that you two wouldn't do for your kids, grandkids or in-laws.
In a sense we are all truely blessed to have you both as "our parents".
So today I thank you for Dan and all that he is, without your influence, love and support he would not be the most awesome man I know!

I know that I am truely blessed to have Dan as my husband and I try every day to not take him for granted!
Thank you to you both!
I love you!
Shawna



No comments:

 
Comeviaourhouse