Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MAJOR OOPSIE!!


This has been the week from hell!
First we had the crazy ice storm..will share photos of that
possiably tomorrow..but that's a big maybe because I'll be busy cleaning up THIS!!
Thing 2 said he was hungry so I decided I
was going to make him shrimp..so I get the pan of oil out
turn it on medium, go get the shrimp and realize it had already been eaten...
So.......I go to the stove shut the oil off...and walk away..
I hear noise in the kitchen but figure it's Thing 2 scurrying around STILL
looking for something to eat because he didn't want anything else that I had offered him..
DARN YOU SNOW DAYS!!
I go out into the kitchen and have a FULL BLOWN fire going!
APPARENTLY I didn't get the knob completely over, therefor the burner was actually turned on to
blazing hot burn your house down high!!
I can tell you I have never been so scared or freaked out I don't think in my life. I possiably even pee'd a little!
I grabbed the fire extingusher and used that...it was helping but the fire was still spreading and I had emptied the entire can!!
Crap!! Ah..box of baking soda-Thank GOD I got the bright idea to make my own laundry soap! I had a HUGE box of it!
That got the fire out fast...except the cupboard was still smoldering and I couldn't get it to stop. Mr. Handsome rushed in with a crow bar and ripped it off the wall..

In all the chaos I managed to get Thing 2 out of the house (Thing1 was at work with Mr. Handsome) I rescued the dog and FROGS and threw the cat down in the basement because I knew the dogs would eat him alive (Hey don't judge me! The fire was out there was just black smoke all over!)
I kid you not when I say it looked like night time in my house!

Only a few things got wrecked, but I am really sad to say good bye to my beloved Ronco Knives..I love them so so much! (A few can be salvaged)

Is it possiable to get new handles put on? Anyone??..
Nicely lovely scorchy burn up the side of the cabinet....ugh..sigh..
How absoultly disgusting this looks! The stuff all over the stove is from ripping the cabinet down..

Thing 1 and Thing 2 and Mr. Handsome were very helpful in working on the clean up this evening.
Mr. Handsome worked until he couldn't stand anymore cleaning all the walls we had JUST painted.
Still lots of cleaning in our forecast but my sister is coming in the morning to help me, and a special thank you to my parents who kept the boys warm (because every door and window was open and the heat was off) and for going and getting cleaning supplies.
Also thank you to everyone who called and sent messages letting us know you were there if we needed you and that your help was availiable.

We are very lucky this did not get even more out of hand...God certainly was walking beside me today!







2 comments:

Teresa said...

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. I did the same thing once and will never forget it. Sending lots of hugs.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Oh noooooooo.... that must have been incredibly frightening! Big hugs to you and your family... I'm so glad no one was hurt!

 
Comeviaourhouse